Here's an amusing email from a friend of ours in Seattle...enjoy!
Hi Jill and Jeremy
I hope that all is treating you well in Warsaw. Are you getting nicely settled in? Have you been checking out your new mountainous play area, or just getting settled into a routine?
I wanted to drop you two a quick note because of an amazing experience I had this past weekend. My bro and I went in to do the west ridge of Stuart but didn't end up getting to do the climb because we came across an injured climber and helped get her down so a helicopter could pull her out (that isn't the amazing part, well, it was amazing, but not the story I wanted to share.)
Anyways, after helping we left the base of the west ridge and headed back to Ingalls lake to meet up with one of our buddies who was up there hiking and we all took a swim (still not the amazing part, stay with me). Anyways, as we're swimming a man and woman show up and sit down by the lake about 150 yards away from us. We can over hear them talking to another party, and by looking at them and listening to them, Brendan and I were both convinced that it was the two of you! I think Brendan actually said "I think that's Jill and Jeremy" first, but I shot him down saying you two had already left.But then I tuned in and stared, and sure enough, I soon found myself thinking "that's them." The woman had a bandana on her head and tan pants like I've often seen you wear Jill, and the guy had an amazing resemblance to you Jeremy with the goatee and everything. I still wasn't convinced until I heard the woman laugh, and that sealed the deal...We both concurred,"that's Jill's laugh", for some reason Jill and Jeremy are back! So Brendan and I hastily pulled our boots on and shirts and headed over, anxious for are union of sorts and some requisite story sharing, only to find that(obviously) it wasn't the two of you. How disappointing.
So anyways, the two of you have doppelgangers who are both climbers and who are dating. How bizarre. We were probably within 20 feet of these people before we realized it wasn't you, then it was a bit awkward because we've just come stomping across the lake shore right up to them.
That's it. I thought I would share. I hope all is well with you two. Jill, I still have your bottle of Mongolian wine. It will be nicely aged by the time you get back. Perhaps I could send it with someone who is coming over to visit?
Talk with you soon
Sean
Does anyone have pics of these two?!
Acadia National Park 2018
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment