Friday, March 11, 2005


Me, the Polish Consulate and my BRAND-SPANKIN'-NEW WORK VISA-WOO HOO, LEGALITY HERE I COME!!!! OK, so the Poles got it good with/in Chicago. This building is located in north Streeterville, along the Gold Coast and facing Lake Michigan. That 3+ story stone building has to be worth around $40 million or more right now...so I'm curious to find out how they nabbed such an incredible spot-as this area's been hot poop for over 150 years! Regardless, the interior for the paper pushers (in the back) was pretty crummy-cheap panelling and every single sign in the room (except the fire exit sign) was in Polish! Every person in there was speaking Polish! I was pretty nervous that I'd have to speak Polish, too (I don't know that much!) but fortunately they spoke just enough English to help me through the fairly painless, two-day process. The only fee was to rush the visa-$41-the visa was free (whereas the Poles have to pay a hefty fee to come our way, even for tourism-not fair!)

No comments: