Sunday, March 26, 2006

PolPics.com and other news

Hi!
Long time no read, eh?

First off, check out this nice link, in English, called PolPics:
http://polpics.com/

It's a massive collection of intriguing photography from all around Poland, and since I've been so lame about putting up my own semi-decent shots, you might as well check out the pros' work.

We have our first American visitors in a long while coming soon, and they're both named Kris!?!

This Wednesday, our first contestant on the Polish Zloty Price is Right is Kris Cummings, from Seattle/Phoenix. We met through the Seattle Mountaineers on a lovely epic climb of Guye Peak's West Face several years ago. She has a great dog named Lucy (and another new one now), but the pets aren't coming to torture Dudek this time around. I think we'll do the Warsaw/Krakow thing, then she's off to Copenhagen to visit other US expats, then to Budapest...then back here again for more churches and WWII memoriabilia.

Next up is KJ, Krash, Kris-Cross, island boy, the man, the myth, the legend, my best friend from oh so many years, Kris Morrison. He somehow not only fenagled a 3 week trip to Europe this spring, but got almost another week off for mine and Jill's mid-week wedding in June. That's pretty sweet! I'd love to quit work for the full time he's here and join him. He's doing the War-Krak-Praha-Wien-Budapest loop. I haven't seen him in over 2 years...this will be fun!

We're super psyched both Krises are coming and they're also bringing some tasty treats from home! Yummy!

OK, what else is shakin'?
Spring came, happy equinox! The temps have been above freezing every day for over a week now! Rain came and the snow is starting to vanish! I've been running, cycling, swimming, climbing, lifting and doing some yoga...more sun means happier Jill and Jeremy :)
We like Poland, and we're here another year, but we've decided to try sunnier climes next time around...but where will that be?

Dudek is doing well, but he's feeling super cramped up in our flat. He got his rabies shot this week and he'll be venturing out soon. By the way, we're still looking for cat caretakers for the summer if you're interested!

Jill's spring break is coming, so as Kris #2 arrives, she'll already be in the middle of her Italian/Tuscan bike tour with Lisa. Yesterday we rode 50 km and her bum was hurtin'... and the two of them are riding today-nothing like crash course training for a week long bike tour. I wish the newbies the best of luck! But how bad could it be, bike touring through one of the most beautiful parts of Europe, where the temps are already nearing 70 F every day and the flowers starting to bloom.

Yes I'm jealous. We'll be fighting over the camera for that week, I'm sure.

So 2 and 3/4 months to go until our big day! :)
If anyone sees any cheap flights that'll get me back in time for my wedding, I'd greatly appreciate it!

;-)

cu!

jr

No comments: